Do you like the idea that the video content that you create, will self-destruct in 24 hours? Do you have the personality of a Snapchatter?
The parameters to define the success of an App, are different. In the first place certainly, the are the number of users who make up the community. But refuse 3 billion dollars from Facebook and 4 from Google, certainly is a glorious beginning!
Is that what Evan Spiegel, CEO and founder of Snapchat did. For the uninitiated, Snapchat is an application for smartphones and tablets, used to exchange and share photos and videos that self-destruct after being displayed.
With over one hundred million Snapchatter per day (Source the official Snapchat blog), the data are constantly increasing and Snapchat certainly is the company flagship among young Americans and not. Facebook to stem the haemorrhage of teenagers, after launching Instagram Live (a kind of Snapchat without filters), these day will rolled out the use of filters on Facebook Live.
EVAN SPIEGEL, FOUNDER of Snapchat, IS THE YOUNGEST BILLIONAIRE IN THE WORLD, WITH A PERSONAL ASSETS OF 2.1 BILLION DOLLARS.
It’s at Stanford, Evan meets Bobby Murphy, co-founder of Snapchat and second youngest billionaire in the world. The idea that moves them is to create an app in contrast with the world that surrounds us and them: send photos that disappear quickly.
The app initially launched under the name Picaboo, does not like to venture capitalists in California. However is an instant hit among the students who pass the class assignments and who are not afraid -still- of the impermanence.
The points in favor of Snapchat:
- Temporality: the ten seconds, which is the duration of a snap, wins. They help the synthesis and require little effort to the viewer
- The views are private, consequently the competitiveness mechanism that triggers where the numbers are public is less strong.
- The filters are fun to use and above all, help to overcome shyness and insecurity (I personally would also like them in real life !!)
THE KEY WORD OF Snapchat? Temporality OR PHOTOS AND VIDEOS HAVE A VERY SHORT DURATION time
The minus points of Snapchat:
- It is difficult to find users that it is worth seeing
- Initially for non-digital natives, it is hard to understand how the app works and then often they abandoned shortly after downloading it.
Identikit of Snapchatter
Here finally, my personal analysis of the Snapchatter: check if you have the personality of a snapchatter!
- He likes to communicate with others, but in a slightly roundabout way: filters!
- is reflective (slightly insecure or perhaps just shy)
- it’s pop
- live their daily lives in an intense way: every day like it was your last!
If you enjoyed the article, please share it!